Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Michael Malott wraps up the Local Joe race series!

The Local Joe series was a 6 race format that consisted of 2 different tracks, Reo Raceway in Rockport, IN and SRI Raceway in Louisville, KY. Mike Malott came into the final round with a slight lead after the throw outs. Mike had missed the last couple of rounds. It was now or never to take down the title. 


Mike had qualified 2nd for the A main after 3 rounds. Mike knew he had to finish 6th or better to take the title going into the main. After the tone Mike had gotten a chance to settle into 2nd place. He managed to case a jump that caused his switch to shut off. Lucky for him a good marshall got him back on and onto the track a lap down. Mike but on a charge getting back onto the lad lap and with a minute to go managed to be back up to 4th position. This is where Mike would finish and wrap up his Local Joe Series 1/8 E buggy title. 


Mike had this to say "I couldn't have done this without all of my sponsors helping me out and giving me the opportunity to run the best products in the industry. My OFNA/BCE Hyper 9e was solid all year and I never had one breakage or failure in all 4 races. My Tekin equipment and AKA tires were also flawless the whole series and gave me the power and grip I needed throughout the summer to get the solid finishes I had this year. The PT RC oils were so smooth and consistent all summer in the heat and in the cool I knew I had no worries of the shocks or diffs fading under either conditions. "

No comments:

Post a Comment