Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Derek Stephansen wraps up the RC Night Series at Modesto RC Raceway

Derek wrapped the multi race series at Modesto RC Raceway. Derek took the overall in Mod Buggy and Open SC.  Here's Derek's final main recap:


"Main time came and I knew my two cars were solid enough to pull off the wins. First up was the buggy main and I would check out with my buggy powered by the RS/ Redline 13.5 combo to take the win over second by a lap with Brian Curran in 2nd and Mike Clark finishing 3rd. In Open SCT I would 2nd with my SCT powered with the RS Pro/ Redline 8.5 motor. I would follow for a good 2 minutes of the race on the tail of Jason Smith's Kyosho SCR, with my dad attacking me from behind. I would finally put the inside pass on Jason leaving him and my dad to battle it out will I said, "See ya later". In the end I would take the win with Jason Smith second and my dad Greg Stephansen 3rd."

No comments:

Post a Comment