Thursday, July 7, 2011

Derek Stephansen checks in from the RC Night Series at Modesto RC

Saturday Night was Rnd 2 of the Rc Night Series. There was a total 54 entries for the night I knew that it was time to get the job done with my Tekin Powered B4 and SC10. In qualifying I would go to TQ early on in both Open SCT and 2wd Buggy. I knew my SCT time was solid and good enough to most likely keep TQ but I knew but I knew my buggy time was at risk. In round 2 of qualifying for the night my TQ in buggy would beat by local Jason Smith running his 22 putting my TQ to rest by 10 second. I would closely follow 4 seconds behind after several mistakes. The last round of qualifying I attacked hard in buggy going 13 in 6:00 to take TQ and my SCT time would end up holding from the first round in qualifying.

Main times came and I was on pole for both SCT and Buggy. I knew that I had to keep solid runs together to come out solid for the night. First off was buggy and I would check out with my Tekin Powered 13.5 buggy to lead wire to wire with no mistakes and lapping the entire field with Jason Smith finishing in 2nd with Tekin power and my dad Greg Stephansen 3rd running Tekin Power as well.

Short Course Truck would end up being about the same as the buggy main, with myself checking out early on and never looking back with my Tekin Powered 10.5 SC10. I would lap most of the field besides second place who was my dad Greg Stephansen finishing second with Tekin power and local Mike Clark finishing 3rd with Tekin Power as well.

After the 2nd race of the series I lead both classes in poi nts by 6 so far after TQing and winning both classes in round 1 of the Rc Night Series as well. All in all it was great night. "Derek Stephansen

No comments:

Post a Comment