Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tekin powers John Cravotta to win at the Durango North East Indoor Championship!


John Cravotta headed up to Maine this past weekend for the Durango North East Indoor Championship. Here's his recap of the event:

"There were 155 entries and some big guns from Durango and Associated in attendance. I ran three classes, Open 2wd SC, Open 2wd Truck, and 4wd SC. Practice Saturday all three cars were dialed! They had a club race after practice on Saturday and it was a tight race with Carson Wernimont from Durango finishing in 1st and myself only one second behind him. I won Open Truck, and placed second in 4wd SC setting my expectations high for the first round later that night.

The 2wd SC Main A Main was a good one, my Tekin RS Pro Gen 2 7.5 powered X-Factory SCX-60CF was dialed! The Jconcepts Blue Bar Codes and Sticky Kicks Roja compound had me glued to the track, my Team Scream Racing batteries were crazy fast, matching lap times with Team Durango's Carson Wernimont for 5 laps until we came up on lap traffic. He squeaked by two trucks and I got tied up with them giving him the distance he needed to take the win and myself placing 2nd.

I had a great start with my Tekin RS Pro Gen 2 6.5 powered X- Factory X60 in the 2wd Truck A Main and put a good lead on second place to make him push hard and make mistakes trying to catch up. The Jconcepts Blue compound Pressure points and Sticky Kicks Roja combo were money! I had mad rip with my Team Scream Racing batteries. This combination gave me all the power needed to take down the win.

The 4wd A Main SC was a battle!  I was Bumper to bumper with Travis Amezcua from Durango and Mike Wilder from Associated for the first lap separating us from the pack. The power from the Tekin RX8 and Pro4 4600 and Team Scream Racing batteries allowed me take over 1st place due to mistakes made by Travis and Mike, but Travis took it right back when I made a line mistake two corners later. I was in second for the next 6 laps until I made a few mistakes and allowing Mike to catch up and slip by. Stayed with him for the next 5 laps and got tied up lap traffic putting me in third. I stayed in that position until there was 1.5 minutes left in the race when lap traffic cost me the 3rd spot and placing me in 4th. I did not have enough time to catch him and to seal the deal on my hat trick podium. The Jconcepts Blue Barcodes and Sticky Kicks Roja were dialed.

I want to thank all my sponsors for all their support in 2012, and hope to keep your support for 2013."

No comments:

Post a Comment