Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mike Malott wins the inaugural JCP Indoor New Years Clash!

The new JCP Indoor track in Indianapolis, IN played host the the new years cash race. It was the biggest turnout of the year so far and the competition was stacked in all of the classes.

"Going into the 2nd qualifier I got off to a good start and everyone had finally settled down. I was out front on a blistering pace having a really good run. I ended up bumping the TQ pace up a full lap and setting overall TQ for the first 2 rounds. In the 3rd round they did a re-sort and the a main qual was really good. I was once again out front setting a very fast pace and was able to bump my TQ time up a few more seconds and take the overall TQ for the day.





The main started and I jumped out to and early lead right from the start. The 2nd and 3rd guys were battling and it allowed me to pull away and build a comfortable lead. I was out front and starting to pull away when I cased the triple jump and the truck flew off the track. I dropped about 8 seconds in that 1 lap and allowed 2nd to close the gap. We had a good little battle going for a few laps and he made a mistake and allowed me to get away again. I cruised the last 2 minutes to victory with my Tekin Rx8 Pro 4 Powered Hyper 10sc!" Michael Malott

No comments:

Post a Comment