Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mike Applegate Tq's and podiums at the Jconcepts Clash!

This year’s clash was held in Coral Springs, Florida at CSRCCC.  The weather did not cooperate all weekend which brought wet and muddy track conditions.  Qualifying was scheduled to run four qualifiers, however due to weather it was cut to only two.  I ran 3 classes, stock buggy, stock truck, and Pro 2 Stock Short course.  I won all my heats in all three classes, but qualifying proved to be how good the track conditions were during your run.  After qualifying I was sitting 3rd in stock buggy and truck, and TQ in Pro 2 Stock.  I ended up finishing 5th in stock buggy, and dnf'd after leading stock truck due to a ball cup snapping, and finished 2nd in Pro 2 Stock short course after a complete downpour during the main.  The mains were 8 minutes and with the muddy conditions I was concerned about the extra weight hurting run times and burning up motors, but I ended up with the same gearing and everything was solid to the very end. The Tekins were powerful and fast all weekend !

Equipment used:

No comments:

Post a Comment