Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mike Malott Tq's and wins the Memorial Weekend Shootout at Reo Raceway.

Mike Mallot was at the Reo Raceway in Rockport, IN to run the Memorial Weekend Shootout. Mike's recap "The 12 minute main started off really good and I was able to get a little bit of a jump on the field. I made a big mistake on one of the big jumps early and allowed half the field to get around me. I dropped back to 5th but I knew we still had 10 minutes to go and anything could happen. I just paced myself and starting putting in consistent laps. About halfway through I was back up to 2nd and I was catching the leader. I caught him and ran right with him for a couple of laps and watched his lines. I knew I had a faster line at the end of the straight and I went for it. He went wide once again and I was able to sneak up the inside and make the clean pass. Once I got to the lead I started picking up the pace and jumping the big triple to try and put a little space in between myself and 2nd place. It worked out pretty well as I was able to stretch out about a 15 second lead pretty quickly. Once I got out that far I just started being smooth and consistent and went on to take the win by over 20 seconds. I was super stoked to be able to run that good. The racing was intense and I was happy to be out front. My OFNA/BCE Hyper 9e was awesome and really reacted to all the changes I made throughout the day. My Tekin Electronics and AKA tires allowed me the power and grip I needed all night and day to take the TQ honors and the A main win. The PT RC Racing Oils were awesome and gave me that smooth and consistent feel I needed throughout the day. "



No comments:

Post a Comment