Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tekin's Zack Rogers reports from Rd 1 of the JRBL Electric Series!




"The 2011 JBRL was off to a great start at Hotrod Hobbies in Valencia,Ca. With around 280 entries it was one heck of a long day for all the racers. After my last years performance in the SuperStock classes I decided to run Mod this year, hoping to gain experience with running with some of the pro guys such as Mike Truhe, Frank Root ,Hupo Hongio, Jurn Numann, along with many other rising talent. In my Mod 4wd I was sitting 3rd after both qualifiers only to line up behind both of Team Durangos factory guys sent here from different countries to start practicing for next weeks Cactus Classic. In 2wd I put in my best run in the first qually to which put me just under a second off TQ, sitting behind Frank Root and in front of Mike Truhe, both from the TLR camp. But after a quick pace in the second round from both of the Durango guys I was bumped back down to 5th on the starting grid.


After waiting all day to race around 8:30 my first main which was mod 4wd was up and I was more than ready to grap the wheel. Turn one was fairly clean and everyone got out only a spot or two from where they started. I came by the line on lap one in 2nd spot and was looking good for half the race and then piped it which moved me back to 4th. After a long fought battle with Hupo I ended up 3rd behind both of the Durango guys once again. A good hour or so later was the 2wd main event and I wanted a taste of the podium once again, but after getting caught in the first corner pile up my chances were not looking to good as I was running 7th or so. A few laps in I got in my rythem and moved into 4th where I would end up finishing! I would like to thank Tekin products for getting me the power I needed to finish strong with my RS Pros and 7.5/8.5 motors!" Zack Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment